Tennessee Whiskey Brown Sugar Marinated Pork Tenderloin
Updated: Sep 9, 2019
I performed a demonstration last Sunday at the Chattanooga Market and got so many requests for this recipe and my Caramelized Cauliflower Hash Browns with Onions that I wanted to share it with you all :)
Served with a Peach Watermelon Salsa
1/4 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar, light or dark
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and silver skin
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
1 cup finely diced watermelon
1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced (seeded if desired)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh Cilantro
salt, to taste
MARINADE AND PORK -
1. Combine Whiskey, soy sauce and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the pork tenderloin.
2. Refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 12 hour
3. Preheat grill over medium heat. Remove pork from marinade and pat dry, reserving marinade.
4. Grill low and slow approximately 20 minutes, basting and turning occasionally.
5. Allow meat to rest 10 minutes before slicing. Slice diagonally against the grain and serve with salsa.
6. SALSA: Toss all ingredients for salsa together and chill for at least one hour. Serve with Pork Tenderloin
Caramelized Cauliflower Hash Browns with Onions
Yield: 4 servings
1 tablespoon, Olive Oil
1 tablespoon, unsalted butter
1 large head, Cauliflower
1 medium, yellow onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon Spanish Paprika
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1/8 cup parmesan cheese
1. Cut Cauliflower in small bite size pieces, discard the stem and leaves.
2. Dice yellow onion.
3. Heat Oil in a skillet over medium heat.
4. Add cauliflower, onions, salt, pepper, paprika and parsley to pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until cauliflower and onions are golden brown.
5. Turn off heat and stir in parsley and butter. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
32 views0 comments